Keyboard app with improved auto-correct and new emojis
SwiftKey Keyboard for Android is an app which gives your phone or tablet a new digital keyboard, complete with swype gesture typing, predictive typing and auto correction, multilingual and bilingual typing, emoji predictions, customizable keyboard layouts, and several different keyboard themes for decoration. SwiftKey is more flexible than the default Android keyboard in many senses--it can change colors, support bilingual typing without switching between keyboard languages, and split into two parts depending on your needs.
On tablet mode, SwiftKey Keyboard can split into two and give you a keyboard on the far right side of the screen and a keyboard on the far left of the screen, allowing you to type with your thumbs. The keyboard can also be repositioned on the screen and pulled up from the bottom, allowing you to see the words you are typing at the bottom of the screen while you type at the top. From a multitude of free keyboards available in the app store, SwiftKey Keyboard has proven its value to over 250 million users worldwide.
- Supports swype typing gestures and predictive typing on the letter and word levels.
- Supports a full emoji keyboard and even emoji prediction.
- Supports typing in multiple languages and even two languages simultaneously.
- Choose from multiple beautiful themes for your keyboard.
- Allows you to control predictive properties (e.g. auto-capitalization, two spaces for a period, etc).
- Excellent support articles and customer support.
- Usage statistics show how many keystrokes SwiftKey has saved you and how much your productivity has increased.
- Cannot turn off predictive typing feature.
- Predictive typing sometimes makes predictions even after you click "do not predict this again."
- The keyboard sometimes crashes when you are switching quickly between SwiftKey and other keyboards.
- Often experiences instability for a short time after an app upgrade.
- issue with pinyin input buffer deletion in WeChat app
- no longer automatically enables the phonetic Hindi language pack for Hinglish users
- We've now made all themes completely free!
- Swipe the hamburger menu to the left of the predictions to find our newly refreshed Hub including: SwiftKey Clipboard, Shortcuts, and Incognito mode.
- The ability to type in Hindi or Gujarati scripts by spelling out how they sound using a QWERTY keyboard (E.g. “namaste“ -> “नमस्ते“)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.